Ramblings Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dealing With Things

I have been dealing with depression for a long time in my life.  I have my own way of dealing with it and normally I have a pretty good handle on it.  However, lately it has been more and more difficult for me to be able to control it in my normal ways.  It may just be the weather that has intensified it but, I'm not sure.  My moods are getting increasingly dark and going to scary places that I don't wish to traverse.  I am finding it harder to sleep and when I do it is a much deeper sleep and harder to wake up when I want to.  My sleep schedule is so completely messed up that I don't know when I will wake up.  If I have somewhere to be at a specific time I am afraid I will not wake up.  I have set alarms and just sleep right through them.  I have even asked friends to call me to help me wake up but they are not always able to call me.  I know I shouldn't need to depend on others to make sure I wake up but, for some reason the phone can seem to wake me up.  This inability for me to wake up and have a normal sleep schedule is also fueling my depression.  I don't want this to continue but I don't really see any proverbial light at the end of the depression tunnel.  This is one time I just cannot get a grasp on this and it just has me at a loss.  Now, I am not expecting anyone to have answers for me but I am hoping my putting it out there into the universe I may get some help from the Gods.  I am not begging for their help but, asking respectfully that they help me reset my sleep clock.  Well, I am going to go to sleep now so I will wake up at a normal time tomorrow.  Have a good night all,

Luv Ya!!

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. My advice... start going to bed at a specific time (before midnight!!), start a sleep ritual (bath, reading, etc), stop caffine before noon no matter what, force yourself out of bed before 8am no matter what you have for that day, etc. I know you say you don't have to be up early, but in order to set yourself on a good sleep schedule, you do.... I discovered that for myself.

    As far as the depression goes, I think you should really find someone to talk to. If it's getting to a point that it's scary to you, then you need to do something about it. The universe may help guide you, but it won't do it for you... you will have to seek out the help you need.

    I hope you find a way to work it all out. :)

    ReplyDelete