Ramblings Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sleep, Who Needs It??

Sleep, it something that is essential to life yet some of us, like me have a difficult time getting to sleep.  I have been dealing with insomnia for almost my entire life.  Now, I know I can function perfectly well on 5 hours of sleep a night.  However, I have found that six and a half to seven hours of sleep is the best for me.  I am refreshed and have enough energy to be able to make it through the day without feeling tired.  I have also found that if I do get less or more than that I seem to drag most of the day.  I can still function but I don't feel completely awake.  Granted, for me to get more than seven hours is a very rare occurrence, it does occasionally happen.  Getting that much sleep is really bad as it will make it extremely difficult for me to fall asleep the next night and sometimes the night after that.  I try and get my body into a rhythm so that I sleep about the same times everyday.  However, weekends are a bit different as I don't have anywhere I need to be at a specific time, and as such do not set an alarm.  Now, I am beginning to think I may need to start doing this on those days I don't need to be somewhere as it may make it easier on the days I do.  However, I do tend to stay awake longer on those nights and will still get six or seven hours of sleep, so my body clock is then thrown off time.  I am planning on putting this to work this weekend to see if it helps me later in the week.  I will also be researching some books on meditation to see if I can learn something from that.  Well, here's hoping the sandman will visit me soon.

Luv Ya,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment